Imagine a world where your child didn’t have access to clean water, education, or basic sanitary needs. Sadly, this is a reality for millions of children internationally, a reality I could never fathom for Ale and want to help change for all kids. Today is World Children’s Day, a day of action for children to live in a world where NO child dies of preventable causes and every child has the opportunity to reach their full potential. Thankful to Save the Children and Johnson & Johnson, whose joint mission it is to make this a reality by building children’s resiliency and bringing innovative health and development solutions to them. A child should not have to be born into a life they wouldn’t choose because of their geographical location or resources.
Here’s why World Children’s Day exists and why we need to take action:
- 650 million girls were married off before they turned 18.
- 262 million children are not in school or receiving proper education
- 1 in 4 children will live in areas with severe water shortages by 2040
Trying to comprehend these stats is daunting and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and helpless. The change these children need, will not happen overnight, but here are some positive stats to help you see that we are moving in the right direction, and action steps we can take to continue the positive change!
- 2.6 billion more people have cleaner drinking water today than in 1990
- More than 50% reduction in deaths of children under 5 since 1989
- Almost halved the proportion of undernourished children since 1990
I’m also proud to share that our Johnson and Johnson family has partnered with Save The Children to improve the survival and healthy development of children under age five, especially newborns. Johnson & Johnson has a purpose to change health for humanity, combined with Save the Children’s mission, they work together to help fight for a world and that child should die from preventable causes, as well as support every child to give them the opportunity to reach their full potential.
J&J works to support enhance Save the Children’s disaster relief response to support children globally and here in the U.S. Johnson and Johnson product and hygiene kits are dispersed and help improve the resiliency of these children and families in need.
Also, especially close to home for me, J&J is helping the quality of life for newborns and the management of birth asphyxia, preterm births, and sick newborns. I can think of few things more devastating than the joy of meeting your newborn child, only to learn they need special assistance to live and not having the resources. Very grateful to J&J for taking special consideration in this space!
Here’s what you can do to further the change!
1. Educate your children on their rights and the rights of fellow children:
- The right to be educated
- The right to a childhood
- The right to be healthy
- The right to be treated fairly
- The right to be heard
- The right to proper medical care
- The right to be in a clean and sanitary environment
- The right to freedom of beliefs
- The right to freedom of beliefs of others and acceptance of differences
- The right to be safe and secure
2. Donate and join the movement! Save The Children fights every day to better the existence of children everywhere, from the day they are born, until they can thrive as young adults with the tools they need to do so. Click HERE to donate now!
3. Learn more about J&J’s long term partnership with STC to help children all over the world by visiting https://www.savethechildren.org/us/about-us/become-a-partner/corporations/johnson-and-johnson
A Trendy Life
Great post Jessi.
Enjoy your beaty child!
Thank you love!! Hope you had a great week Xx
That smile!! She’s the cutest!
Thank you babe!! Her smile is the best :) Xx
You two are the cutest mommy-daughter duo! She’s growing so fast!
Aww you’re so sweet thank you my love <3
Your photos are super adorable dear!
Jessica | notjessfashion.com