I’ve always loved to keep a good tan, especially living in Southern California…but unfortunately I don’t have the time to suntan on a regular basis and I’ve been advised to avoid the sun throughout my pregnancy! While dermatologists encourage using self-tanners rather than soaking up the UV rays, most self-tanners on the market are toxic and can be harmful if inhaled or ingested. Since I’ve been pregnant, not only have I been thinking about what I put inside my body, but what I put on my body as well. Clean beauty is something I’ve always been interested in exploring and really finding products that are natural and safe to use on a daily basis. I’ll admit it hasn’t been easy getting rid of some of my favorite beauty products, but I’ve found so many organic and natural brands that I really do love in the process!! Here are 8 organic self-tanners that will give you that perfect natural, golden glow without all the worry!
1. Avene Moisturizing Self-Tanning Gel ($26)
2. Tan Organic Self Tan Mousse (with mitt, $48)
3. Jurlique Sun Specialist Sunless Tanner ($36)
4. Santorini Sun Organic Tanning Lotion ($27)
5. Lavera Organic Self Tanning Lotion ($27)
6. Eco Tan Invisible Self Tanning Cream ($44)
7. Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanner ($38)
8. Vita Liberata Self Tanning Gradual Lotion ($30)
- When looking for self-tanning brands, make sure to look for brands certified by the BDIH
- The chemical DHA should be certified organic and must come from a natural source!
- Avoid these ingredients: propylene glycol (a petrochemical), phenoxyethanol, Parabens, FD&C colouring (artificial dye), fragrance (unless it states these are natural or organic), and anything with “PEG” in the name
- Look for the “certified organic” logo which means theres no synthetics, GMOs, toxic preservaties etc
Have you guys tried organic self-tanners to get your golden glow? Let me know in the comments below :)
Hope you loves have a fun and relaxing weekend!